Howell, NJ

I have blood in my mucous when i blow my nose and when i "sucked" the postnasal drip from my throat it was bloody. is this normal?

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 30 years experience
Bloody nose: A bloody nose is common in someone who suffers from nasal allergies and this time of the year with the heat on, your indoor house humidity must be pretty low. Get a humidifier and apply a saline nasal spray in your nose, it should resolve the issue.
Dr.
This blows: Stop blowing and let your nose heal. When it stops bleeding then you can go back to trying gently blowing it. Consider an over the counter medicine like Sudafed to help with the stuffy nose in the meantime.

Last updated Aug 4, 2019