should i be worried about a green and seedy mucous stool in an infant?

Dr. Oscar Novick
Green stool: No you don't have to worry unless the infant has severe diarrhea.
Dr. Shah Chowdhury
STOOL: I think you are breast feeding. Breast milk stools are seedy, mucousy, sour smelly, usually yellowish or sometimes greenish due to extra bile in the stool. Bottle fed babies can also have similar stool. As long as baby is eating well, not sick, you don't have to worry.
Normal: The stool color is provided by the bile from the liver that is adds to fecal debris.It starts out a deep green & slowly changes thru greens to yellows to browns as the germs in the intestines metabolize the bile.Green generally means the stool in question moved through faster or was subject to less change by gut germs.