New Berlin, WI

my dr is having me stop my celexa (citalopram) for 10 days because of an antibiotic im on. will my depression/anxiety increase? will i withdraw? im scared.

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Possibly: Yes, you could have withdrawal symptoms by suddenly stopping celexa, (citalopram) and your depression symptoms could increase. Hoping you also have a psychiatrist, and can discuss this directly with him or her -- it seems a bad idea to cold-turkey an ssri. If your primary care doctor is concerned about the antibiotic effects with celexa, (citalopram) could s/he not simply reduce the dose rather than stop it altogether?