U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 23-year-old female asked:

I hav habbit of pulling hair.its been 5 years.n i hav bald patches.pls help me to overcome ths.plsss help..

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Antoanella Calame
Pathology 20 years experience
See a doctor: I recommend seeing a doctor so that they can make a proper diagnosis and give you something to get rid of the condition or relieve symptoms.
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Internal Medicine 18 years experience
Trichotillomania: That is the condition you are describing. This is treatable with psychological therapy and sometimes medications in addition to therapy. See your doctor about it. S/he may refer you to a psychiatrist.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Feb 8, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.