Olathe, KS

I take 10mg of buspirone daily for situational anxiety. is it ok to have a small glass of wine or a beer once every 1-2 months?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 37 years experience
Other viewpoints?: I'm not an expert on this. I'd think such a wee amount would not cause a great problem. As you seem to know it is generally not advised to drink any alcohol with this drug. If you can control your intake to this level - i expect you'll be fine. I also wonder if you might question the need for such a powerful medication. Think about psychotherapy as an alternative with tapering off the drug. Best.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 25, 2013