U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 89-year-old female asked:

I have three compression fractures in my vertebrae due to osteo. too old for surgery. rib cage pain and feel like i am breaking into. i have brace.

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Mena Mesiha
Orthopedic Surgery 17 years experience
Endocrinologist: Seeing a specialist that deals with metabolic bone disease is where i would start. They can see what treatments you have taken for osteoporosis and see if they can modify those treatments to avoid future fractures.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Kevin Vaught
30 years experience
Consider options: You may benefit from an evaluation by a spine surgeon. A procedure called kyphoplasty may be an option. Check out kyphon.Com.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 21-year-old male asked:
Is surgery needed for thoracic outlet syndrome due to a first rib fracture?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 21-year-old male asked:
Will I need surgery for multiple rib fractures under right scapula?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 22-year-old male asked:
Will a non Union rib fracture heal after surgery to cure cushing's disease?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Jun 30, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.