Fort Lauderdale, FL

why does my foot swell randomly? i use ice packs/it swells more. neuropathy or arthritis? foot hurts every day after slight sprain 4 years ago.

Dr. David Trettin
Orthopedic Surgery 33 years experience
see ORS: If your foot still hurts and swells 4 years after an injury then an examination is indicated.See an orthopedic surgeon for a thorough examination to make a diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. Colin Sanner
Neurology 20 years experience
Complex question: You do need to see a specialist, likely a podiatrist. Beyond that, try to identify patterns in foot ; joint pain: when is it worse or better, what joints are involved, alleviating factors (massage, hot soak, etc). Elevate your feet above heart level for 10-20 minutes 3x a day every day, if possible. Good luck!