if i have a disease called klippel traunany syndrome that affects veins could laser surgery cure the veins or will the veins keep messing ip?

Dr. John Landi
Phlebology 47 years experience
Laser should help.: Klippel traunany syndrome consists of 3 components-varicose veins, hypertrophy (enlargement) of a limb and port-wine stain.The varicose veins should first be evaluated by a venous reflux exam as well as the deep veins.Laser closure is the gold standard for the varicose veins but there is no guarantee that other veins will not form in the future.There is also a role for sclerotherapy.See a vein md.
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine 52 years experience
depends size of vein: It depends a lot on size of veins. Laser therapy usually for smaller veins. Embolization may be performed through small catheters placed into the veins blocking blood flow to certain blood vessels. Radiofrequency ablation of veins used to close off abnormal veins. Sclerotherapy, injection of solution into vein, creating scar tissue to close veins. Sometimes surgery necessary in symptomatic patient.
Dr. Steven Brown
Hand Surgery 39 years experience
Not on veins: Laser can be helpful in the treatment of the port wine stain component of the syndrome, but will not be effective or helpful in treating the vein disease of the lower extremities.