South Africa

i take +/- 8 ranitidine 300mg per day for my ulcer it hurts badly. i know aspirin makes it worse but have nothing else for the pain. is there any harm from the dosage i take of ranitidine?

Dr. Som Kohanzadeh
Plastic Surgery 17 years experience
Different med: You chould not take Aspirin or any nsaid, like ibuprofen. The better alternative is tylenol or acetaminophen. This will not affect your ulcer and will still have definitive pain relief. But if you are taking 8x 300mg of ranitidine, that is too much and you should talk to your doctor about that. There are other more effective meds for the ulcer.
Dr. Charles Rocamboli
Also Celebrex might be a good alternative. It does have some GI issues but much less. It also sounds like you need to see gastro.
Oct 16, 2013
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Stop it now: This is a massive overdose of ranitidine.And the concurrent use of Aspirin makes it even worse. Stop both now and see a doctor immediately for testing.