U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Alameda, CA
A 39-year-old female asked:

Cbc, wbc 6.4, diff eos 8%, everything else normal. have had chronic symptoms going on for a while without a diagnosis. should i request other tests?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 52 years experience
High Eosinophils: Your blood shows high eosinophil count. This could be related to your not feeling well. A more detailed medical examination and testing may be in order until the cause of high eosinophils is discovered and treated. You may need to go to seek opinion from a hematologist, who is an expert in blood disorders.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Alan Mease
Dr. Alan Mease commented
Pediatrics 50 years experience
Elevation of blood eosinophils can be seen in many conditions including allergic disorders, some infectious diseases especially parasitic diseases, hematologic and neoplastic disorders, rheumatic disorders, and adrenal insufficiency so this could be a clue to understanding your chronic symptoms. Seeing a good hematologist is an excellent suggestion!
Oct 14, 2013
Dr. Tariq Niazi
Orthopedic Surgery 45 years experience
Don't know what to -: Tell you as I am not sure what your symptoms are? Ask your pcp what is he testing you for. The eosinophils are increased in allergic conditions mostly. Seeing an allergist might be useful.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 28, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.