what are alcohol problems?

Dr. David Hunter
See below: If you have consequences from drinking such as physical, emotional, legal, or social difficulties associated with alcohol use, then you may have an alcohol problem. Identifying the problem is the first step toward recovery. You doctor can help you set up a program to curb or eliminate your drinking and put an end to the problems it may have caused.
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
No short answer: Alcohol damages virtually every human organ system - mostly the brain and nervous system, liver, gastrointestinal tract, pancreas, heart and many others. In social amounts (less than 2 drinks per day), damage is uncommon, and such amounts may be protective against hardening of the arteries (arteriosclerosis). In larger amounts, damage may be severe, and include dangerous behaviors (driving etc.).