why does my infant have red lines in the whites of her eyes?

Dr. Jason Perkel
From childbirth: Often the pressure built up during the process of childbirth will cause small burst blood vessels in the white part of the eye in both the mother and the infant. This is totally benign and will resolve usually within a few weeks. If there is yellow discharge as well or crusting or it gets worse or doesn't clear, show your health care provider.
Dr. Alan Jackson
Addiction Medicine 30 years experience
Need to see: This sounds like just normal blood vessels in the white part of the eye. A picture would help!