is a chronic cough caused by benicar (olmesartan)?

Dr. Michael Jaindl
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 37 years experience
Benicar (olmesartan) is...: An angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor. This class of blood pressure medications is notorious for causing chronic dry cough. If these symptoms started shortly after starting this medication the patient is advised to discuss this with the prescribing physician. This is a medication that should not just be stopped because of a potential rebound effect on the blood pressure.
Dr. Oscar Novick
Benicar (olmesartan): Benicar (olmesartan) is an anti hypertensive medication which can cause a chronic cough.