What does high vitamin b6 levels in the blood mean?

Dr. Emanuel Winocur
Overdose intake: Vit b6 or pyridoxine is recommended for arthritis not to exceed 100 mg. Daily. Overdose could form stone in kidneys.

Mt Sinai, NY

Why would my vitamin b6 blood levels be high? Is this from toxicity or deficiency?

Pathology 49 years experience
Need more info: What was result of testing? All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, if you taking a regular mixed diet you are neither deficient nor with toxicity from B6.

I have a high blood level of vitamin B6 (pyridoxine). Should I stop taking it?

Dr. J. Yusuf Erskine
Holistic Medicine 32 years experience
Why?: Why did you test for it? And why did you start it? It is a water soluble vitamin so you can reduce the dose to normal range.

Last updated Nov 27, 2017