U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
New York, NY
A 25-year-old female asked:

i have a lot of stress headaches. they seem to be spreading into my lower jaw, and gets worse with chewing. is it stress? and how do i manage it?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 25 years experience
Recommend medical: Eval. Ways to address stress. Talk about feelings ; address problems. Don't avoid them. Aim for 7.5 - 8 hours of sleep/ night. Daily physical activity is optimal in a green space. Eat healthfully. Cut out junk carbs, caffeine ; alcohol (or moderate). Try qi gong, tai chi, acupuncture, acupressure, homeopathy, meditation, yoga, exercise program, deep breathing exercises or progressive muscle relax.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A 29-year-old member asked:

Does smokeless tobacco carry a high risk of mouth cancer?

3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 49 years experience
Yes: Any use of tobacco increases the risk of cancer, at multiple sites in the body.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.
A 39-year-old member asked:

What could cause the left side of my jaw to lock up after catching a cold a few days ago?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Thomas Benda, jr
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 34 years experience
TMJ disorder: A locked jaw is usually due to a temporomandibular joint that is injured or displaced. This could happen when you are ill from clenching too much, or a wide yawn if you already have aproblem with the joint. Go see an ent. If severe a few days of a steroid will help, then you may need an occlusion splint made by a dentist.
A 37-year-old member asked:

What might a patch of painful red skin be due to?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Family Medicine 37 years experience
Inflammation: Inflammation of some type. If it doesn't heal, you should visit your doctor.
A 45-year-old member asked:

Where can I purchase mouth guards for grinding teeth?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Shawn Murray
Dentistry 15 years experience
Mouth guards: Almost every dentist can make you a custom mouth guard. You shouldn't buy a mouth guard that is not made for you specifically or it can cause problems. Just like one size fits all shoes aren't a good idea.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated Oct 8, 2013

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.