Sacramento, CA

About 3 months ago i dropped a soup can on my big toe which bled and broke skin. today its still really sore and sometimes my foot will lock. why?

Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care 36 years experience
Follow up needed: It is likely that you broke a bone in your foot with something that heavy striking it. If so, then that would have caused you to change the way that you bear weight on your foot and how you walk. If so, you may have caused secondary problems such as tendinitis. The pain may be due to that or simply that the fracture has not healed or is healing. An x ray will tell you and your doc the answer.

Last updated Oct 5, 2013