El Paso, TX

after mcl surgery (4 weeks past my surgery), i still feel instability in my mcl, and also lcl, what can it be, and can it be cured with therapy?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Depends: It depends on the exact nature and severity of your injury. Mcl injuries can absolutely heal without surgery, particularly if they occur as isolated injuries. Damage to the structures on the lateral side, including the lcl and the poterolateral complex are less predictacble and may require surgery for a good outcome. You should discuss these issues with your surgeon. Thank you for the question.