Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Will it harm my baby if I have abscess teeth while pregnant

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder answered
Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
1
1
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
25 years experience Maternal-Fetal Medicine
1
Dr. John Thaler
40 years experience Prosthodontics

Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
Why take a chance: An abscess is an infection. Please have it treated. Ask your obgyn for surgical referral.
Dr. Fay Gyapong
30 years experience Dentistry
1
Dr. Robert Brodsky
57 years experience Dentistry
Get dental care.: The risk to the baby is to not get rid of the infection. Have the tooth treated.
1
Dr. John Van der Werff
38 years experience Dentistry
See a dentist: The stress and infection of the abscess may be worse then having it treated. A dentist should be able to help you with a minimal amount of risk.
1
Dr. Randy Feldman
42 years experience Orthodontics
Treat: Definitely should treat-whether root canal or extraction- check with your dds and have him check with your OB re: antibiotics.
2
45 years experience Pediatrics
1
45 years experience Pediatrics
1
Dr. Gregory Hines
Not likely: It is unlikely to cause problems for your pregnancy, but your dentist will not be wanting to do anything about it until you are delivered.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
1
Dr. Lonna Larsh
1
1
45 years experience Pediatrics