United Kingdom

8 weeks 5 days pregnant, very painful dental abscess, what shall i do and what are the risks to my baby? are there any treatments with zero risk?

Dr. Fay Gyapong
Dentistry 31 years experience
Risk: I do not know of any interventive treatment with no risks. In your situation obviously if you had treatment prior to conception that would have been ideal. I would suggest consulting with an endodontist for treatment but present to your obstetrician for a letter of clearance for treatment. Ideally interventive treatment is preferred after the first trimester and before the third trimester.
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dentistry 58 years experience
Get dental care.: The risk to the baby is to not get rid of the infection. Have the tooth treated.
Dr. John Van der Werff
Dentistry 39 years experience
See a dentist: The stress and infection of the abscess may be worse then having it treated. A dentist should be able to help you with a minimal amount of risk.

Last updated Feb 13, 2019