Top answers from doctors based on your search:

why is my face always red and hot

A member asked:
Dr. Pamela Pappas
41 years experience Psychiatry
Red face: Your face has many blood vessels -- and many are close to the surface of your skin. This can increase as you age. They are very responsive to emotio ... Read More
2 thanks

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 9-year-old male asked:
Dr. Bryan Levey
26 years experience Pediatrics
Heat makes...: ....Some people turn red. If he's not that way when he's cool, and if he's eating, drinking, peeing, pooping, and behaving normally, he is very likel ... Read More
1 thank
A member asked:
Dr. G Funari
Dr. G Funari answered
44 years experience Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
This : This may be nothing more than a dilation of blood vessels, flushing, in response to some environment or emotional event. An allergic reaction typical ... Read More
1 thank
A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. Philip Miller
46 years experience Family Medicine
Possible allergy: or vasomotor instability. Requires medical workup and evaluation.
A 60-year-old female asked:
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
28 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Menopausal?: Skin blotchiness and sometimes flushing can happen in women going through menopause..The neck and upper chest are usually affected.
1 thank
A male asked:
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegab answered
39 years experience Allergy and Immunology
? Urticaria: Some sort of urticaria, called cholinergic urticaria, could be what you're suffering from, kindly see a dermatologist to sort it out. Meanwhile you ca ... Read More
1 thank
A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Clarence Grim
56 years experience Endocrinology
Red face: embarrassed? Need more info.
A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Stanley Schwartz
51 years experience Endocrinology
It's possible: Get thyroid blood tests done.
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Andrey Lev-weissberg
17 years experience Internal Medicine
Is it itchy?: If these symptoms have been occurring for a while you may be allergic to one of your medications or have another skin condition such as cold urticaria ... Read More
1 thank
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Robert Whitfield
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Red face: Probably makes the most sense for you to see a dermatologist by a through exam.
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
This would require: examination of your skin & a history to try to answer that question. Take care.
A 32-year-old male asked:
Dr. Edgar Mendizabal
54 years experience Internal Medicine
Koala,: You removed some of hour healthy skin. Use an electric razor.
1 thank
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Fisher
31 years experience Dermatology
Rosacea: Rosacea is a chronic and potentially life-disruptive disorder primarily of the facial skin, often characterized by flare-ups and remissions. Many have ... Read More
A 43-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bernard Seif
39 years experience Clinical Psychology
If you mean alcohol,: That is a vasodilator, i.e., it widens the blood vessels on the surface of the skin. Thus, your skin gets red and you get warm from the additional bl ... Read More
1 thank
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. HECTOR Franco
45 years experience Dermatology
May be hives: You do not describe any associated rash with the itching but if you get welt like lesions along with your rash you may have a rare type of hives calle ... Read More
A 26-year-old male asked:
Dr. Ahmad Ibrahim
18 years experience Urgent Care
Get checked: Having sensitive skin and inflammation can be uncomfortable and result in serious infection if left untreated. Perhaps an exam by your doctor can conf ... Read More
A 50-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bassam Amawi
48 years experience Psychiatry
Many reasons: Some times anxiety symptoms , or medications that dilate blood vessel, but if it's happens frequently , and is bothering u talk with u pcp.
2 thanks
A female asked:
Dr. Daniel Kirk
16 years experience Podiatry
Multilple reasons: They probably feel hot because they are peeling and the nerves are irritated. Why they are peeling could be from an allergic reaction, dermititis, ath ... Read More
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
56 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Possibly viral: You may have a viral infection if this lasts less than a few days. If the problem is prolonged then you will need to see your doctor to get a work-up. ... Read More
A 28-year-old member asked:
Dr. Anna Meyer
18 years experience Pediatric ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
With cold exposure?: I would ask first if your hands get cold and white, then blue and then when they get warm again, do they get red and tingling? Also i would need to kn ... Read More
5 thanks
A 44-year-old member asked:
Dr. Louis Gallia
44 years experience Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Rosacea: Rosacea a common cause. See dermatologist for evaluation.
A 24-year-old male asked:
Dr. Robert Kwok
32 years experience Pediatrics
Possibilities...: The pediatrician can help evaluate and refer to specialists who can help figure out why a person's face gets reddened and warm, off and on, without an ... Read More
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. William Nall
14 years experience Sports Medicine
Blood flow: Usually when you work out it causes the vessels in your body to expand which can cause temperature changes and flushing of the skin.
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Donald Jacobson
39 years experience Psychiatry
See your doctor: The most likely cause for unilateral symptoms of the type that you are describing would be an infection in that side of your face. Most likely would b ... Read More
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits