U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

When should you see an immunologist

A 31-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ramachandran Srinivasan
Rheumatology 52 years experience
Low WBC : Reason for low WBC 's are many . It has to be considered in conjunction with one's over all clinical features . Based on how low it is , under what ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 48-year-old female asked:
Dr. Irving Harper
Internal Medicine 35 years experience
Yes: If this is a persistent pattern that you have noticed for years, you should first see your primary care doc and let her exam you and do some initial l... Read More
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Justin Greiwe
A Verified Doctoranswered
Allergy and Immunology 12 years experience
Immune Deficiency: If you have a history of recurrent infections and low levels of immunoglobulins then seeing an immunologist would be warranted for further workup and ... Read More
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Munshower
Family Medicine 30 years experience
Up to you: If you truly feel you have some immune system, it would be reasonable to see an immunologist. Ask your gp first if he feels you have an immune proble... Read More
A 43-year-old male asked:
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 58 years experience
Rages: Consult an allergist or a gastroenterologist may also be able to help you. I do not believe that the rages are part ot autism.
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Scott Diede
A Verified Doctoranswered
29 years experience
Sometimes...: Sometimes the terms reactive airway disease (rad) and asthma are used interchangeably. However, they're not necessarily the same thing. Reactive airwa... Read More
A 27-year-old male asked:
Dr. Martin Morell
Rheumatology 29 years experience
Only: If profoundly low and you are getting recurrent infections.
A 42-year-old female asked:
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 47 years experience
Specifics?: exactly what "after effects of meningitis" are you referring to? I would suggest a neurology consultation and ID physician evaluation.
A 28-year-old male asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 25 years experience
Dry skin: is a frequent cause of itchy skin. Try using gentle soap and lotion first.
A male asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 46 years experience
Normal finding: This is not a chat room and your questions are sent randomly to site visitors. Lymph nodes are normal findings in kids and enlarge/shrink over a 3-4 w... Read More