U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

What to do when you can t stop throwing up

A 44-year-old member asked:
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 59 years experience
Gastroenteritis: You have a severe case of gastroenteritis and run the risk of getting dehydrated. Seek medical treatment asap.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 40 years experience
Refractory vomiting: Is an appropriate indication for an Emergency Room evaluation now.
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jane Van Dis
Obstetrics and Gynecology 19 years experience
See a doctor: If you are having difficulty keeping fluids down, you should see a physician. It's easy to get very dehydrated when you are pregnant. There are safe... Read More
A 19-year-old member asked:
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management 28 years experience
See below: I would suggest trying it with food on your stomach. If that does not work maybe you need to ask your doctor for something for nausea or try a differ... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. David Schleimer
A Verified Doctoranswered
39 years experience
Yes: Stomach flu usually causes emesis (throwing up). If it has been only a short duration, it is normal. If fever spikes and emesis continues, call your m... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Metronidazole: Metronidzole (Flagyl) often does this. Tell the doctor or clinic where the treatment was prescribed. You may need to take the drug over several days, ... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 41 years experience
See your doctor / ER: you may need Rx medicines, and probably IV fluids if dehydrated and can't keep anything down till vomiting is controlled, good luck
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. Kenneth Smith
Internal Medicine 33 years experience
Call obgyn: Need discuss with obstetrician before your girl friend becomes overtly dehydrated and risks doing injury to herself and unborn child.
A member asked:
Dr. Joy Jackson
Family Medicine 20 years experience
The : The bottom line is you can't make someone go to the hospital if they refuse to go, period. If he gets bad enough then he will change his mind. There a... Read More
A 50-year-old female asked:
Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 57 years experience
Professional help: is needed , call back your doctor or go to ER to correct dehydration , and prevent uro-sepsis , you may need IV fluid
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership