U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

What is mean of calcific foci

A 27-year-old male asked:
Dr. Linda Green
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 46 years experience
Ask the doctor: It is difficult to comment without seeing the film. Ask the doctor who ordered the test.
A 39-year-old female asked:
Dr. Kirk Charles
Vascular Surgery 23 years experience
Plaque: is built up in that location and there is some calcium within it. Unless it is appreciably slowing the blood flow there is nothing to worry about.
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Concern: This question is best answered by a gastroenterologist or hepatologist(liver specialist). I would be concerned about chronic liver inflammation or fat... Read More
A 58-year-old female asked:
Dr. Diane Minich
Family Medicine 38 years experience
Talk with doctor: They usually do cone down views to look at the area closer, and if ok they will usually follow up in 6 months. Your doctor will have the exact reports... Read More
A 24-year-old male asked:
Dr. Gregory Lewis
Urology 45 years experience
See answer: Testicular microlithiasis is an infrequent but well recognized condition, which is usually incidentally identified on testicular ultrasound scan. Inte... Read More
A 25-year-old male asked:
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Family Medicine 33 years experience
Calcification: The calcified lesion in itself is not of concern. For example in the area I live inhaling spores from plants is common and the body calcifies these ov... Read More
A 21-year-old male asked:
Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology 34 years experience
It is not: normal, but in a sense it is the current "normal" for you because atrophy is not reversible. This occurs due to a previous injury, vascular problem, ... Read More
A 21-year-old male asked:
Dr. Kenneth Licker
Urology 50 years experience
Abnormal testis: Without a physical examination or review of the ultrasound, it is difficult to give an absolute recommendation. There are 2 options, assuming that th... Read More
A 21-year-old male asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Not surprising: Once the blood supply has been cut off to the structure and it dies, a bit of calcification is not necessarily a worrisome finding years later. If it ... Read More
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 56 years experience
Previous healing: It sounds like you probably had an earlier long infection and now the calcification and blunting of the cardiopulmonary angle a result of a previous l... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership