Top answers from doctors based on your search:

what does it mean to have a bad pain on my side by my ribs

A 47-year-old female asked:
Dr. Guy Fogel
Dr. Guy Fogel answered
43 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Thoracic arthritis: Thoracic spine pain can cause pain allong the ribs particularly with bending.
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 47-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Sparacino
36 years experience Family Medicine
See your doctor: These symptoms require a thorough evaluation to find out what's going on and what can be done for you.
1 thank
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. Vahe Yetimyan
50 years experience General Practice
Pleuritis of the: left lung is probably the cause. It could be also be pneumonia or Tietze's syndrome among other causes. Otc antitussive cough medications and nsaid ... Read More
A 57-year-old female asked:
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
35 years experience Pain Management
See your PCPC: The stomach flu is caused by a virus that attacks your gastrointestinal system. There is no cure for the stomach flu. The remedies are: good rest, ple ... Read More
A 46-year-old female asked:
Dr. Christiaan Maurer
22 years experience Internal Medicine
Illness: Hard to say, gallbladder disease or gastroenteritis. See your doctor.
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali answered
31 years experience Psychiatry
Right ribs pain: Several things come to mind, from costochondritis (inflammation of the cartilage between the ribs), cardiac, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, respir ... Read More
A 41-year-old female asked:
Dr. Julie Abbott
44 years experience Preventive Medicine
You need to go ...: ER or your doctor's. Any headache that is "bad" and quite localized (to the back right side of your head) and persists needs evaluation. I pre ... Read More
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
35 years experience Pain Management
See your PCP: Any headache always must be viewed as a valid medical disorder and the headache assessment must be comprehensive. See your PCP for: headache evaluatio ... Read More
A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bruce Pierce
28 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Hopefully not: But see your doctor to be sure.
A 62-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ashu Syal
Dr. Ashu Syal answered
29 years experience Pediatric Nephrology and Dialysis
Gall stones???????: Abdominal ultrasound should help--- to begin with. Also a urine infection needs to be ruled out. See your pmd.
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Edward Smith
53 years experience Neurosurgery
Vague: Right side of what hurts? The head, the face, the body. Unilateral (one-sided) headaches are not rare. They are common in migraine and occipital neur ... Read More
1 thank
A 45-year-old female asked:
Dr. Zbigniew Moszczynski
28 years experience General Surgery
Should have it checked: If it is right under the skin or slightly deeper you should have it checked by a physician. It may get infected or grow larger in the future and beco ... Read More
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Robert Kent
11 years experience Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Number of things: This could be a number of things, including allergies, dry skin, or nerve irritation from prior injury. If it continues, suggest seeing ENT just to se ... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Bassam Amawi
48 years experience Psychiatry
Pain?: U need to be seen by u pcp for evaluation and trying to find out what causing it and treatment.
A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. Martin Rubenstein
44 years experience Hematology and Oncology
See a doctor.: Pain in the lower abdomen can come from a number of different areas. Something that hurts a lot and has been present for some time needs to be invest ... Read More
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. David Tobin
37 years experience Podiatry
Shin splints: See a podiatrist for evaluation.
A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
30 years experience Family Medicine
Plantar fasciitis??: Heel pain can be from a number of things but plantar fasciitis is a common cause. This is an inflammatory condition caused by a strain of the plantar ... Read More
1 thank
A female asked:
Dr. Katharine Cox
44 years experience Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Cyst right ovary: They likely looked at both ovaries so check out the left. If your pain is in the back it may be related to something else like your kidney. Be assesse ... Read More
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Lynne Weixel
35 years experience Clinical Psychology
Ganglion cyst?: Often these are cysts. It's best to have an exam - but 1st read: There's ... Read More
A 43-year-old male asked:
Dr. Norman Knee
63 years experience General Practice
Get examined by doc: the lump could be a swollen gland secondary to a minor infection of the scalp. It could represent the result of a minor trauma that you may not even ... Read More
A 39-year-old male asked:
Dr. David Kam
Dr. David Kam answered
35 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Muscle sprain: Your symptom are consistent with a pulled muscle in your neck. Take ibuprofen, heating pad to area. See a neurologist to r/o neck spine problem if you ... Read More
A 35-year-old male asked:
Dr. Peter Ihle
53 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Strange? : Your nipple is a little bit lower than the clavicle. As 4 the bruised area, many times minimal trauma which goes unnoticed can cause this, also heavy ... Read More
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Victor Bonuel
37 years experience Internal Medicine
Go see ur PCP: Or gyn and get checked for vaginal infection, pid/ pelvic inflammatory disease, ovarian cyst etc. Take care! http://www.M.Webmd.Com/pain-management/g ... Read More
A 39-year-old female asked:
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
32 years experience Neurology
Ovulation?: I'm not sure how you're able to localize it down to exactly your right ovary....but if you mean in that general area of the pelvic or lower abdominal ... Read More
1 comment

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits