U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Ulcerative colitis abdominal pain

A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. James Gagne
Internal Medicine 48 years experience
Get specialist care: Ulcerative colitis or proctitis (the name varies depending upon how much of the colon is involved) is a potentially serious inflammation of the colon.... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 39-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Fung
General Surgery 39 years experience
Yes: Ulcerative colitis is a chronic disease of the colon, in which the lining becomes inflamed and develops tiny ulcers. Uc is the result of an abnormal ... Read More
A 22-year-old male asked:
Dr. George Mathew
Cardiology 58 years experience
See GI MD: U can have complications from ul colitis such chronic hepatitis , cirrhosis , or high risk of cholangiocarcinoma etc. Please see a GI md.
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 39 years experience
They can be, but...: ...unless you get tested & appropriately treated there's no diagnosis. At this point, while ulcerative colitis is in the differential, there are m... Read More
A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 53 years experience
Duplicate question: See my reply to your similar question. Familial mediterranean fever is far too complex an illness, with multiple symptoms and potential complications,... Read More
A 54-year-old female asked:
Dr. Patrick Kohlitz
Internal Medicine 11 years experience
Hematochezia: It sounds like ther are many important variables regarding your question that make it a complex one. Yes xarelto can thin your blood and make you mor... Read More
A 37-year-old female asked:
Dr. Dan Fisher
Internal Medicine 27 years experience
Need scope.: Sounds like colitis although you also raise the specter of cancer. You should see your doc for consideration of a look into the colon. Med list looks... Read More
A 17-year-old male asked:
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
GI issues: You really need to see a gastroenterologist and have this diagnosed appropriately. Keep records of all symptoms and take these with you to the doctor.... Read More
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 45 years experience
Consult with: A GI specialist. You probably need more tests to clarify the uc issue.
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Raynald Im
Urgent Care 11 years experience
Chest/stomach pain: There are several conditions from reflux to ulcer disease to heart attack can all cause these types of symptoms. Lung conditions can also cause this. ... Read More