U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Tragus hurts

A 23-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jed Kwartler
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 38 years experience
Ear pain: Could be an external otitis, or ear canal infection. Usually treated with drops but may need antibiotics. Go see your doctor.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Edwin Ishoo
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Ear Pain: Your chronic use of ear buds has likely cause the inflammation of tragus. You can try Motrin or advil (ibuprofen) for 2-3 days and avoid placing anyth... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine 35 years experience
Infection?: You may have a slight cellulitis on the area possibly from head phones or scratching the area. Any infected piercing there? I would have it examined s... Read More
A 16-year-old female asked:
Dr. Emily Ridgway
Plastic Surgery 21 years experience
Infection?: Is it red? Do you have a pierced ear? If so, it sound like an infection.
A 16-year-old female asked:
Dr. Eric Yavrouian
Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Go to urgent care/MD: The symptoms you describe are likely related to an external ear infection most likely and possible middle ear infection. These are best treated with a... Read More
A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 24 years experience
Infection?: Piercing your tragus was a bad idea since the piercing goes through cartilage. Please have your ear examined by a doctor for signs of infection.
A 34-year-old member asked:
Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 24 years experience
Tragus piercing: A lot- especially if an infection sets in and your cartilage becomes infected. It isn't worth it!
A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. Brian Affleck
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 30 years experience
Tragus piercing: The tragus is the small cartilage of your outer ear, just in front of the opening of the ear canal. Much like the earlobe, this area is not that sens... Read More
A 45-year-old male asked:
Dr. Dan Fisher
Internal Medicine 27 years experience
Local infection: Sounds like this is a local infection. May want to see your doc if local warm packs do not resolve this quickly or if you find it is spreading.
A female asked:
Dr. Frank Kuitems
Internal Medicine 39 years experience
Well : Can be sebaceous cyst or something else which gets infected.see primary care physician person for specific diagnosis and treatment