U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Throbbing pain in upper right back

A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Peter Zimmerman
Pain Management 34 years experience
C/S or T/S pathology: You need to be examined. Physical therapy would be useful. If this has been going on more than 3-6 mo, an MRI would be recommended.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 31-year-old member asked:
Dr. Madhu Kandarpa
Nephrology and Dialysis 10 years experience
Fracture/inflammatio: Could be several things- pneumonia, pe, pleural effusion, rib fracture, if on rightside liver. Please check with your doctor. Throbbing usually means ... Read More
Dr. Jason Hemming
Gastroenterology 18 years experience
Kidney: Broad differential, but don't forget renal etiologies such as infections or stones.
A female asked:
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
Exam: You will need a medical examination and possibly a chest x-ray, evaluation, possible blood testing, diagnosis and treatment.
A 29-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Munshower
Family Medicine 31 years experience
Pains: Back pain can be annoying as you are finding out. Massive pain should be evaluated to help diagnose and then treat your issues, best wishes.
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Pain Management 30 years experience
Disc in your back: Pressing on a nerve that goes down your leg; a muscle in you buttock spasming pressing in a nerve going down your leg; tensor fascia lata (try standin... Read More
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Chevies Newman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 23 years experience
Most type: Of pain in your age group not serious or fatal. You may consider seeing your doc. Back pain is usually musculoskeletal. Good luck.
A 45-year-old male asked:
Dr. Karen Butler
Family Medicine 22 years experience
Need history: Well first to answer you a history is needed. For example did you injure the hand in anyway. Are you left or right handed and which hand is this? Nee... Read More
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Dora Chizea
Anti-Aging Medicine 49 years experience
"Throbbing " is ...: 31 y/o says I have a throbbing pain in my back just below my ribcage. It's been about three weeks now. Could it be my kidney? Yes it could be the kidn... Read More
A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. Vahe Yetimyan
General Practice 52 years experience
Occipital neuralgia.: Irritation of the main nerve that runs from the back of the skull can cause occipital neuralgia. . It is suspected that tense muscles or ligaments may... Read More
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Family Medicine 33 years experience
Headache: Most likely tension headache, but other possibilities include HTN, vascular or some type of neuritis.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership