U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Sharp pain in the upper right side of my back

A 35-year-old male asked:
Dr. James Rotchford
Addiction Medicine 42 years experience
Time for an exam: I think the description of severe sharp pain didn't illicit many responses because it warrants an exam. And even then the cause might not be apparent... Read More
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. Daniel Conway
General Surgery 37 years experience
Pleuritic pain: That is a symptom of a lung problem. Things such as a viral infection, pneumonia, pulmonary embolism or even a tumor can be the cause. You should se... Read More
A 18-year-old member asked:
Dr. Marsha Davis
Internal Medicine 29 years experience
Need more info: Place of pain, how long , radiation , history of injury ? Any other symptoms like in the shoulder or abdomen? Any fever? Ever had it before ?
A 47-year-old female asked:
Dr. George Valdez
Specializes in Family Medicine
Yes: It may be you have shingles about to break out, or can be one of many other things, some worrisome, some not. If your body has pains that aren't going... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. John Wigneswaran
Nephrology and Dialysis 27 years experience
Pain: What you are describing is pleurisy or pleuritic chest pain- which may mask itself as many things. Such pain can be seen from muscle injury, rib fract... Read More
A 29-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bradley Butkovich
Orthopedic Surgery 28 years experience
Could be a : Lot of things from shoulder strain, scapular pain, winging, nerve irritation, shingles, etc. You probably need to be more specific.
A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Back pain: There are various possible causes including strain,muscle,spinal including disk disease, kidney problem including a stone but if motion of the spinal ... Read More
A 19-year-old male asked:
Dr. Karen Dantin
Family Medicine 38 years experience
Check it out: Cosiderr a pulled muscle or spinal misalignment. If additional symptoms an MD may be better than a chiropractor.
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Joel See
Dr. Joel Seeanswered
20 years experience
Probably muscular: Probably muscular, can ask for a referral to physical therapy for a few weeks. Also need to consder that is might come from the neck. Yawning causes... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership