U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Red line on foreskin

A 42-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Internal Medicine 31 years experience
Are you circumcised?: The redness could be skin irritation or fungal infection.
A 20-year-old male asked:
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Steroid cream or : Surgery . Prescription strength steroid cream e.g. Betamethasone or kenalog (triamcinolone) applied twice daily for a few weeks over tight are. May t... Read More
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. Robert Sterling
A Verified Doctoranswered
46 years experience
MusicToMySmears: Well it ain't strawberry ice cream! Stuff can collect in there, called "smegma"(after that famous L.A. 70's experimental band...).And smegma should be... Read More
Dr. Patrick Kohlitz
Internal Medicine 12 years experience
Balanitis: Swelling/redness/creamy discharge of the head of the penis is likely due to a bacterial or fungal infection. Practicing proper hygiene will add in it... Read More
A 31-year-old male asked:
Dr. James Fishman
35 years experience
Balanoposthitis: Balanoposthitis is the inflammatory condition you have described. It can be caused by untreated fungal/monilial infections. Topical anti-fungal creams... Read More
A 31-year-old member asked:
Dr. Kevin Considine
Family Medicine 31 years experience
Infection: It sounds like your son may have phimosis with balanitis a common inflammation/infection of the foreskin. In any case it should be checked by the doct... Read More
A 18-year-old male asked:
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 51 years experience
Get checked/Urologis: A urologist is a specialist who can best help you as you may need circumcision once the pain and inflammation subsides. Right now this area needs to b... Read More
A male asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
It happens: Sometimes they can trap body secretions called smegma under the folds of tissue & that can attract skin germs. Gently pulling back the foreskin &a... Read More
A 36-year-old male asked:
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Desonide .5% is considered a mild corticosteroid cream and can be used on the foreskin. However if redness persists, consult your physician, dermatolo... Read More
A 18-year-old male asked:
Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
Likely due to compression when you have erection during sleep. It should go away or fade out by now when I answer your question.
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jay Parkanswered
Pediatrics 51 years experience
Correct: Apply ample amount of vaseline or other lubricant and gently pull back the retracted foreskin.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership