Top answers from doctors based on your search:


A member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
Hello : Hello i can't diagnose your condition. However, it sounds like it could possibly be hidradenitis suppurativa. It sounds like the issue did not draw ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 47-year-old female asked:
Dr. Martin Raff
55 years experience Infectious Disease
Unlikely: Infections are often characterized by redness, heat, hardness and tenderness or pain. Show this to your primary care physician and let them assess th ... Read More
1 thank
A female asked:
Dr. Lori Lange
Specializes in Family Medicine
Must see it: Could be a benign fatty tumor called a lipoma. Or could be inclusion cyst or maybe carbuncle.
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Christine Hom
29 years experience Pediatrics
See your doctor: Tender or painful bumps beginning recently could represent infection, especially if red or growing. Get it looked at.
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Jackson
42 years experience Dermatology
Probably not: You should see your dermatologist for treatment and evaluation because this way you can get the correct diagnosis and treatment if needed.
1 thank
A 54-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jack Choueka
Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
Need to be examined: A painful mass always needs to be worked up. There are numerous things it could be, but first step is to see your doctor.
2 thanks
A 49-year-old female asked:
Dr. Prabhat Sinha
8 years experience Internal Medicine
Yes and no: We need more history to find out your risk like age, family hx etc.
A 56-year-old male asked:
Dr. Ajay Acharya
36 years experience Internal Medicine
Gland/Lipoma: Better get it checked....not knowing your age/PMHx/FHx....this much can be said.
A 24-year-old male asked:
Dr. Frank Kuitems
38 years experience Internal Medicine
Tender : Tender lumps are the Skinner usually skin abscess or infected cyst. See if position face-to-face in the next couple days for diagnosis and treatment s ... Read More
A 53-year-old member asked:
Dr. Mahesh Allam
36 years experience Internal Medicine
Yes: Have it removed and checked by a pathologist. Maybe a simple lipoma ( a fat pad) or a more serious situation. Good luck.
1 thank
A male asked:
Dr. Daniel Para
29 years experience General Surgery
See a surgeon: While most small lumps under the skin are not worrisome, you should see a surgeon for consultation. In that area you describe sometimes lymph nodes c ... Read More
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Donald Alves
23 years experience Emergency Medicine
Lymph node?: It depends on how long it has been there, if growing, if painful, and other medical conditions you have. If concerned, should get it examined to deter ... Read More
A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Dean Giannone
24 years experience Internal Medicine
Hopefully not.: In the absence of an actual physical examination, a superficial, movable, non-tender mass like this could be a lipoma, a benign overgrowth of fat cell ... Read More
A 48-year-old female asked:
Dr. Clarence Grim
56 years experience Endocrinology
Lymph gland collar: Show to your Dr. This week would be good. May just be a fat tumor.
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Carlo Hatem
24 years experience Pulmonary Critical Care
Maybe: Have it checked.
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Moneil Patel
16 years experience General Practice
Have it checked: This needs to be looked at by a health care professional. If you have no other symptoms it can be nothing, but it also could be serious. There is a ... Read More
1 thank
A female asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
32 years experience Family Medicine
Infected Cyst: you likely have an infected cyst in your axilla. It needs to be evaluated today for definitive treatment and antibiotics. If you can not get into yo ... Read More
A 45-year-old female asked:
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
See a MD now: You must see a MD now and have that lump examined to determine if you should worry or not.
1 thank
A 37-year-old female asked:
14 years experience General Practice
Inclusion cyst?: Hard to tell a lump since there are many underlying causes. Have your primary or a dermatologist take a look further. Typically an inclusion or fatt ... Read More
1 thank
A 24-year-old male asked:
Dr. Donald Colantino
60 years experience Internal Medicine
Lipoma: Lipoma is a likely diagnosis, but a physician would have to diagnose it. Lack of redness,pain and tenderness means that it is not inflamed or infected ... Read More
3 thanks
A 45-year-old male asked:
Dr. roberto Moya
45 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Yes dermatologist : If you have had it for a long time and has not changed color or appearance such as from birth it's ok. If it has recently appeared or has recently cha ... Read More
A 48-year-old female asked:
Dr. Aaron Roland
34 years experience Family Medicine
Small bumps: Small bumps in the armpit can come from a number of different causes. Most are not serious at all. If a small bump has been present and unchanging for ... Read More
A 26-year-old member asked:
Dr. William Schroeder
31 years experience Internal Medicine
Possibly: Understanding whether this is a concern would require you to be examined by a doctor . The location sounds like a lymph node but that is simply a gues ... Read More
A 40-year-old female asked:
Dr. Tim Conrad
33 years experience Ophthalmology
Swollen lymph gland: This is likely a swollen lymph gland. It should go away in a week or two. If it does not, see an physician.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits