Top answers from doctors based on your search:

purple big toe nail

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience in Podiatry
Could be a: Subungual hematoma or dried blood from the tight shoes.

48 years experience in Pathology
See doctor: It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without examining you and your symptoms warrant evaluation by a physician.
Dr. Eugene Batelli
22 years experience in Podiatry
Fungal: The nail trauma will loosen the plate and this can allow fungus to enter. Keep it clean.
1
Dr. James Burns
36 years experience in Emergency Medicine
Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
35 years experience in Podiatry
3
Dr. Scott Keith
43 years experience in Podiatry
1
Dr. David Tobin
37 years experience in Podiatry
Blood: Most common reason is a collection of blood under it from trauma or long distance running. Less common is a melanoma.
5
Dr. Jonathan Posner
26 years experience in Podiatry
Dr. Jeffrey Kahn
43 years experience in Podiatry
1
Dr. James Long
8 years experience in Internal Medicine
Black nail: The most common cause of a. Lack nail is bleeding into the nail bed from trauma. Fungus can do it and in rare instances other disorders.
1
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
37 years experience in Podiatry
Dr. Robert Killian
27 years experience in General Practice
Go to the Doctor: I am not sure what your question is really asking. The word "improper' is not in any way descriptive enough to comment on.
Dr. Sanjay Patel
31 years experience in Podiatry
1
Dr. Gary Campbell
49 years experience in General Practice
2
Dr. Brian Wagner
17 years experience in Podiatry
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience in Podiatry
Dr. Joseph Eastern
43 years experience in Dermatology
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience in Podiatry
Dr. Donald Nino
37 years experience in Family Medicine
4
Dr. David Hettinger
35 years experience in Podiatry
Many possibilities: Could be a fracture, strain, sprain, infection, gout, many different systemic diseases, etc. See a podiatrist for a physical exam and possibly x-ray.
Dr. Angelo Mitsos
39 years experience in Podiatry
2
Dr. Joel Gallant
35 years experience in Infectious Disease
Skin fungi: The same dermatophytic fungi that cause athlete's foot and jock itch.
1
24 years experience in Psychiatry
Broken toe nails: Usually grow back. If you are experiencing problems would encourage you to see a podiatrist.
Dr. Sherry Ransom
32 years experience in Podiatry
Shoes,long toes: is your shoe probably too short. You could have a long toe. The darkened toe could be due to repetitive trauma see a specialist
1