Top answers from doctors based on your search:

purple big toe nail

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
28 years experience Podiatry
Could be a: Subungual hematoma or dried blood from the tight shoes.

49 years experience Pathology
See doctor: It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without examining you and your symptoms warrant evaluation by a physician.
1
Dr. Eugene Batelli
23 years experience Podiatry
Fungal: The nail trauma will loosen the plate and this can allow fungus to enter. Keep it clean.
1
Dr. Robert Conenello
31 years experience Sports Medicine
Possibly: Whenever there is trauma to the nail bed there is an increased risk of fungal infection.
Dr. James Burns
37 years experience Emergency Medicine
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
28 years experience Podiatry
It is possible: He one nail has fungus and that you have raynaud's. But, since I am not examining you, i would recommend you see a doctor.
1
Dr. David Tobin
38 years experience Podiatry
Blood: Most common reason is a collection of blood under it from trauma or long distance running. Less common is a melanoma.
5
Dr. James Long
Black nail: The most common cause of a. Lack nail is bleeding into the nail bed from trauma. Fungus can do it and in rare instances other disorders.
1
Dr. Mathew John
23 years experience Podiatry
5
Dr. Aveshen Govender
Specializes in General Practice
1
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Possibly: You should let your doctor know you are having pain. He/she can examine you and possibly run tests to find out the cause.