U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

PiD vs cyst

A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Julan Crane
Pediatrics 25 years experience
PID and cysts: two different things and risk is different for both and neither related to adolescence

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Victor Bonuel
Internal Medicine 38 years experience
Yes, residual pain : In the pelvic area from pid can occur. This is likely from irritation of the lining of the abdomen (peritonitis). Follow up with your gyn. Take care! ... Read More
Dr. Yash Khanna
Family Medicine 57 years experience
Pain due to PID: As long as you are being treated for pid this pain will eventually go away but if it persists than you consult your gynecologist pid can cause pain a... Read More
Dr. Neeoo Chin
Fertility Medicine 40 years experience
Possibly: The pain may be possibly from scar tissue that developed after the pelvic inflammatory disease. There may also be a residual swollen tube that can cau... Read More
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Alan Patterson
Obstetrics and Gynecology 42 years experience
It depends what type: If you had pid or a tubo-ovarian abcess it could, most cysts when they rupture while causing pain and or intra- abdominal bleeding do not cause pid.
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. Armen Margaryan
Nephrology and Dialysis 23 years experience
PID: You will gynecological examination as well as ultrasound and cultures to differentiate between all of those and pap smear.
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Mark Trolice
Fertility Medicine 31 years experience
Insufficient info: The specific hormones and units after the numbers are not listed so one cannot make an assessment. Nevertheless, hormone tests rarely predict the abi... Read More
A 36-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Berryman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 54 years experience
Endometriosis: pain: If you have intense pain of uterine origin after a laparotomy for "grade 3 endo, cysts and PID", it may be secondary to invasion of the uterine muscle... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 22 years experience
Irregular periods: Irregular periods are one of the most common problems obgyns treat. If this is one time problem it usually resolves on its own. If this is a recurring... Read More
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Charles Whiting
Obstetrics and Gynecology 27 years experience
See Ob/Gyn: I would worry about an infection in your bladder, uterus, ovaries or tubes; an incomplete miscarriage; and something rare called gestational trophobla... Read More
A 29-year-old female asked:
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management 27 years experience
Could be either: I would see my ob/gyn. You need to have this worked up via an exam with ultrasound, or you may need a laproscopic examination.
A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ralph Boling
Obstetrics and Gynecology 39 years experience
Ovarian cyst rupture: If able to walk without being dizzy, and normal appetite, can be ok. Endometriosis, is also a possible, as well. I would let your doc know, as well... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership