U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

My esr and crp levels are high Is it due to the fibromyalgia that I have

A 49-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michio Abe
Internal Medicine 27 years experience
No: Fibromyalgia is normally not associated with elevated ESR or crp. But elevated esr/ CRP are nonspecific and can easily happen in someone with fibromya... Read More
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Cardiology 33 years experience
Inflammation: Esr and CRP levels indicate inflammation. It could be a connective tissue ailment other than fibromyalgia. Also it could be from teeth and gum disea... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jimmy Bowen
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 35 years experience
Fibromyalgia: Your elevated ESR and CRP are abnormal and therefore are of concern. Continued work up to determine cause is defininately warranted. Fibromyalgia is ... Read More
Dr. Marsha Davis
Internal Medicine 29 years experience
ESR: Should not be elevated with fibromyalgia. It is a noon-specific marker of inflammation. You should find out what is inflamed and CRP is high. You need... Read More
A 31-year-old male asked:
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 56 years experience
Yes: Sound like fibro. You also have Sicca and not Sjogren's. Sicca is dryness as you describe and you have that too.
A 35-year-old member asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Inflammatory state: Both ESR and CRP are elevated in patients with inflammation. It may be infection or non-infectious inflammation. Common causes are osteomyelitis, arth... Read More
A 47-year-old male asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Interpretation of any lab test must be done in context. What is the history leading to the evaluation/testing? What if any are the symptoms? These val... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Rawhi Omar
Pathology 45 years experience
First the cause: You have to address the cause of the abnormal levels first..check with your doctor to plan a good treatment strategy
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Marino Tavarez
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Many conditions: can give you an elevated CRP and sed rate, but as inflammatory markers go - these are aren't through the roof high. Rheum conditions often very hard t... Read More
A 29-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
How high?: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that.... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology 29 years experience
A good idea,,, : That would be a good idea, given your history of hashimoto's, and especially if you have symptoms and signs like a "butterfly" rash on your face and j... Read More
A 20-year-old male asked:
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
No: These tests are neither sensitive nor specific for much. They generate enormous confusion and unnecessary fear. C-RP is made in atherosclerotic plaque... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership