U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Knee pain when sitting

A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Pushkarewicz
Orthopedic Surgery 39 years experience
Yes: Getting out of a low chair can be stressful on the knees and a higher seat should make it less stressful. Another simple way to lessen knee pain aft... Read More
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 56 years experience
You knees - gelling: We call this gelling when you sit a while and your joints get stiff like gello after setting. This can be related to knee joint arthritis, or knee... Read More
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Hand Surgery 36 years experience
Knee pain: From postion and tourque can mean a meniscal tear or an arthritic bone surface at the joint line, true dont do it is correct but if the pain progresse... Read More
A 34-year-old member asked:
Dr. Audie Rolnick
41 years experience
Inside or outside: If inside can be torn meniscus, arthritis, synovitis. If outside can be ligament or it band or meniscus.
A 17-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Talac
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 30 years experience
Anterior knee pain. : I think you may have weak quad muscle putting increased load on knee cap resulting in pain. Other option is knee cap injury with cartilage damage and ... Read More
A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Howard Feinberg
Rheumatology 38 years experience
Knee, hip, back: If the thigh problem is immediately above the knee this could be a knee problem (cartilage, bakers cyst, joint problem). Knee pain rarely radiates up ... Read More
A 44-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Michalski
Orthopedic Surgery 37 years experience
Meniscus: See your orthopedic surgeon for partial meniscectomy/repair if you have mechanical symptoms of locking or painful clicking.
A member asked:
Dr. John Michalski
Orthopedic Surgery 37 years experience
Knee pain: Sciatica, piriformis syndrome, lumber stenosis, knee arthritis are most likely culprits.
A 27-year-old member asked:
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Family Medicine 20 years experience
OA vs PFPS: Two possibilities are most likely. The first is osteoarthritis, or wear and tear ("rust in the joint"). This is usually in middle-age people but can... Read More
A 36-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Varady
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Conservative care : Could be an injury to the soft tissue structures within the knee, possibly the meniscus. I would treat with conservative care: rest, ice, and perhaps... Read More
A 49-year-old male asked:
Dr. Ketan Mody
Sports Medicine 19 years experience
PFPS: You may have what we call patellafemoral pain syndrome. If you get checked out by ortho/sports med you may need pt. If you have pain with stairs, sta... Read More