Top answers from doctors based on your search:

is it ok to wear old retainer

Dr. Yale Kanter
60 years experience Ophthalmology
Retainer: Yes, if it does not fit adequately.
Dr. Gary Chapman
34 years experience Orthodontics
2

Dr. Timothy Beck
No: Get a new one shaped for your current configuration or have the old one adjusted.
Dr. Ronald Krauser
51 years experience Rheumatology
See details: I assume you are referring to a dental appliance. Do not force it on. Return to your dentist first.
Dr. M. Hytham Beck
42 years experience General Surgery
Most likely no: most likely you need another visit to the ortho for another fit and another retainer the shape of your teeth has changed
Dr. Stephen Pyle
38 years experience Dentistry
Yes: If you can still get it to seat, then wear it. If left unused for too long the teeth are likely to shift and you will not be able to wear it.
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
35 years experience Pain Management
Dr. Gary Sandler
53 years experience Dentistry
Yes: I don't see why not.
Dr. William Dabney
40 years experience Orthodontics
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
Dr. Gayle Valeros
2
Dr. William Dabney
40 years experience Orthodontics
Fixed retainers: The built in retainer can stay in for years if you do a good job of cleaning around it. Get your dentist to check it out at your next visit.
1
Dr. Gary Chapman
34 years experience Orthodontics
Dr. William Dabney
40 years experience Orthodontics
Enamel wear: I have never seen that happen and I have been in practice almost 30 years(assuming you are not chewing on the metal trying to destroy your teeth).
1