U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

I fell and hurt my shoulder

A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Eric Fete
Emergency Medicine 23 years experience
Contusion or more: You may have simply sustained a contusion (bruise of the bone and/or the soft tissues) but if it is very painful and hurts a lot to move it you could ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 46 years experience
Vague: I would see a doctor to possibly take x-rays to rule out a fracture or break. I would do so asap.
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
AT this point: Would encourage medical evaluation. Take care.
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bertrand Kaper
Orthopedic Reconstructive Surgery 30 years experience
RICE: Rest, ice, compression and elevation are the primary recommendations for an acute musculoskeletal injury. The use of tylenol (acetaminophen) and/or n... Read More
Dr. James Bicos
Orthopedic Surgery 23 years experience
RICE: R - rest i - ice c - compression e - elevation although a common mantra for sprains and strains, some of the options you can do in the shoulder.... Read More
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
Resting muscles: Yes. Rest is the cure for overuse or minor injuries of muscles.
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Family Medicine 39 years experience
Neck/shoulder injury: Were radiographs taken at time of injury? What treatment did you receive? Nsaid & muscle relaxer may help, but need doc to examine neck & shoulder to ... Read More
A 44-year-old female asked:
Dr. Dan Fisher
Internal Medicine 28 years experience
Rotator cuff: Irritated your rotator cuff. When you raise your shoulder you pinch the tendons of your rotator cuff between your humerus and the acromion.
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 46 years experience
Unfortunately, yes: Tendinitis around the shoulder joint can be a prolonged problem...the anatomy is complex and many structures are inter-related, and it is a difficult ... Read More
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. Robert Coles
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Probably muscular: Depending how long it has hurt and how you did it this is probably a muscle sprain/strain. Trying heath, stretching and over the counter anti-inflamm... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Lori Lange
Specializes in Family Medicine
Shoulder injury: The group of muscles in the shoulder can be sprained. They are called the rotator cuff muscles . The shoulder can also get a torn ligament due to so... Read More
A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. Patrick Mckenna
A Verified Doctoranswered
Preventive Medicine 15 years experience
Have evaluated: You should probably have this evaluated in-person. The shoulder is a complex joint. You are young so it is likely that you just strained a muscle or... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership