Top answers from doctors based on your search:

how worried should i be if i have thrush

A 30-year-old member asked:
Dr. Asa Marokus
13 years experience Psychiatry
Depends: If you are immunocompromised, e.g., have HIV or other diseases, or are pregnant, then this can be a bigger deal. See your doctor.
5 thanks

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 42-year-old member asked:
Dr. Paul Williams
27 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Depends: Whether oral thrush is something to worry about or not depends on several factors, including age, current medications, other diseases. Your sister sh ... Read More
A 5-year-old female asked:
Dr. Larry Xanthopoulos
21 years experience Pediatrics
No: Thrush is very common oral infection in young babies especially in the summer months. Go see the doctor and get pt on antifunga treatment. Also reme ... Read More
A 24-year-old male asked:
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Specializes in Pediatrics
Thrush: oral thrush is extremely unusual at this age. Unless you are using inhaled corticosteroids, you need to see the doctor evaluation of immune status.
2 thanks
A 53-year-old member asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
45 years experience Pediatrics
Maybe,maybe not: Mono is usually a mild flu like illness in kids, but intensifies in older patients.In most it will run it's course in 3 weeks, in 10% it may take 3 mo ... Read More
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. William Culviner
29 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Small tonsils: Don't worry . The tonsils are supposed to atrophy and get smaller over time. If you can't see them, they must be small. They make antibodies early in ... Read More
A 56-year-old member asked:
Dr. Frank Berman
38 years experience Dentistry
No: It is a yeast infection successfully treated with mycolog ii ointment in a few days.
A 41-year-old female asked:
Dr. Kathy Robinson
31 years experience Family Medicine
Pregnancy test: If you have had sex then check a pregnancy test. If no chance of pregnancy see your doctor for exam and blood tests.
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ed Friedlander
43 years experience Pathology
No: It's a common incidental finding.
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Thomas Namey
47 years experience Rheumatology
Several things!: What and when was he tested. Not all stds testing is comprehensive. Did he test positive for anything? Why did he get tested? All of these questions ... Read More
A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
29 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
No: Mild to moderate indigestion is common in pregnancy because of the hormones of pregnancy and the pressure on the stomach from the growing uterus. Avo ... Read More
2 thanks
A 44-year-old member asked:
Dr. Payam Rafat
21 years experience Podiatry
Need and X-ray: Have an x-ray taken to evaluate the bone.
A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
27 years experience Pediatrics
See your doctor: If you think you might have diabetes, please see your doctor for a proper evaluation.
2 thanks
A 27-year-old member asked:
Dr. Patrick Melder
26 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Meds: If symptoms have been less than a week.. It may just be a cold... Wait it out and treat symptoms. If symptoms longer than a week with facial pain/pres ... Read More
A 48-year-old member asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
48 years experience Pathology
Avoid unprotected: Sex. Get treated asap to avoid complications from the disease. See this site for more info.
1 thank
A 60-year-old female asked:
Dr. Alan Feldman
40 years experience Endocrinology
Avoid carbs: Avoiding concentrated sweats is most important, but eating fewer carbs/starches is important if you are overweight, as losing weight is very important ... Read More
3 thanks
A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin answered
50 years experience Urology
Here are some ...: If not being troubled with it, you may leave it alone as long as being free of infection.inflammation. But, it has given you much nuisance in daily ca ... Read More
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Florence Nwofor
Specializes in Pediatrics
Rather painful thing: First seek out a consult to confirm or rule out your suspicion and then follow through with appropriate treatment. Take care.
A 54-year-old member asked:
Dr. Sewa Legha
49 years experience Medical Oncology
Your doctor is your : Your best guide is your doctor who gave you this diagnosis. Most such reports require follow up anywhere between 6 monthly to once yearly. Where is th ... Read More
A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. Yale Kanter
60 years experience Ophthalmology
Antbiotic allergy: After cessation of the antibiotic the reaction usually subsides. Occasionally medication is required for a severe reaction. You may require a differ ... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
It : It depends on the amount of damage to your reproductive organs that was caused by the chlamydia. I would ask your gynecologist what kind of damage may ... Read More
1 thank
A 29-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Ein
47 years experience Infectious Disease
See your MD: If you have a lung infection or pneumonia you should see your md and see if antibiotic treatment is indicated.
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
Med eval: Please seek medical evaluation. Both mononucleosis and strep throat can be easily diagnosed. Treatment varies depending on the cause of your symptoms.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits