U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

How to get something out of your eye

A member asked:
Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
Remove fr/ upper lid: To Remove something from upper lid, gently pull top eyelashes and eyelid & lay upper lid on top of bottom eyelashes. This should help get it out. ... Read More
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ronda Alexander
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 20 years experience
Carefully: A safe way to get something out of your eye on your own is to gently wash out the eye with sterile saline which is meant for the eye (not a nasal solu... Read More
A 42-year-old male asked:
Dr. Liesa Harte
Family Medicine 30 years experience
Foreign Body in Eye?: If you have something in your eye, then I recommend you try flushing your eye with lots of flowing clean water. You don't say what you mean exactly. ... Read More
Dr. Donald Collins
Dr. Donald Collinsanswered
Family Medicine 42 years experience
Try: Pulling the upper lid over the lower, then blinking several times. Sometimes if it's an eyelash, that will get it out. If you can't get whatever it ... Read More
Dr. Diane Minich
Family Medicine 38 years experience
Flush the eye: with saline eye wash. If it won't come out see a doctor or urgent care center.
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology 32 years experience
Scratch or infection: Most of the problem is with irritation or pain, but a foreign body in the eye can cause a scratch or an infection.
A 49-year-old member asked:
Dr. Tim Conrad
Ophthalmology 35 years experience
Try this: Flood your eyes with artificial tears. If the discomfort is not relieved by this, then see an ophthalmologist for evaluation.
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Eye symptoms: There are conditions where there is nothing in the eye but you can have odd sensations. Please see an eye doctor ASAP. Peace and good health.
A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology 29 years experience
Maybe not used to it: If you are not used to contact lenses it might be hard to wear them at first, but it should get easier with time. Glasses are also good, but they can... Read More
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Pediatrics 25 years experience
Antihistamine: For allergic reactions, the first line treatment to start at home is an Antihistamine. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is very effective in the short term ... Read More
A 37-year-old male asked:
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 56 years experience
Uncertain : And suggest there’s an irritation but I can’t be certain. I could be the soap or shampoo you may want to consider adjusting for those
A 29-year-old member asked:
Family Medicine 16 years experience
Try water flush: Try to flush you eyes with water. If you still feel a sensation have an eye specialist take a look further.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership