Top answers from doctors based on your search:

How long does ranitidine take to work

Dr. You Sung Sang
31 years experience Gastroenterology
About an hour: It usually takes this long to lower the acid level in the stomach for any noticeable difference.

Dr. Farhad Sigari
20 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
2
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin answered
30 years experience Geriatrics
Dr. Laura Anissian
May take longer: I would give it a week to work, if not, then you may need a different medication. Was this rec by your doctor?
Dr. Imtiaz Chaudhry
27 years experience Facial Plastic Surgery
Zantac (ranitidine) for acid: Usually in 30 minutes you should be having some affect but may vary in everyone.
1
Dr. Andrew Seibert
35 years experience Gastroenterology
2
Dr. Charles Cattano
39 years experience Gastroenterology
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
57 years experience Allergy and Immunology
As long as: As long as you need it, but you should really try to find out what is causing the problem. For example, regular use of nsaids may be a cause.
Dr. Michael Jones
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
1 hour : Or less if it's gonna work.
1
Dr. Neal Edelson
34 years experience Emergency Medicine
1