Top answers from doctors based on your search:

how long after an abscess lance can you return to work

Dr. George Valdez
Specializes in Family Medicine
2
Dr. John Thaler
41 years experience Prosthodontics

Dr. Katharine Cox
45 years experience Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Dr. Michael Ein
48 years experience Infectious Disease
1
Dr. Todd Campbell
22 years experience General Surgery
Quickly: 7-1o if superficial. Longer it large abscess or extensive soft tissue infection.
1
Dr. Eric Kaplan
42 years experience Colon and Rectal Surgery
Varies but: I usually recommend avoiding strenuous activity for 7-10days and avoiding straddle type activity such as a bicycle for 14+ days or until comfortable.
Dr. Scott Hacking
Abscess: I would recommend avoiding exercise altogether until symptoms have resolved.
A male asked:
Dr. Keith Thomae
Specializes in General Surgery
1
2
Dr. Diane Minich
Ask your doctor: It depends on the extent of the infection and how quickly he responds to the antibiotics.
1
Dr. Ashu Syal
Dr. Ashu Syal answered
30 years experience Pediatric Nephrology and Dialysis
Healing abcess: 7-10 days. Can resume work in 48-72 hrs s/p surgery.
3
Dr. Gary Sandler
54 years experience Dentistry
1
Dr. Louis Galiano
39 years experience Periodontics
No: You can cause more damage to yourself.