U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

How do I get rid of sebaceous cysts on my scrotum

A 30-year-old member asked:
Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Plastic Surgery 23 years experience
Excision: Surgical removal.
Dr. Richard Tholen
Plastic Surgery 42 years experience
Surgery: If you have lots of tiny white dots that look like small pimples, these are Fordyce spots, and are essentially normal. If one or more larg(er) cysts a... Read More
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
Surgery: Some guys get dozens of cysts down there. It's probably genetic. Get them removed surgically. Don't mess with them on your own or you'll have a ruptur... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine 36 years experience
Excision: To simply open the cyst and pull out the sebum is not adequate You have to remove the cyst its casing and the sebaceous gland and duct. If not the cys... Read More
A 44-year-old member asked:
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology 45 years experience
If it doesn't...: ...Bother you, you don't need to get rid of it. If it does bother you, or it's getting bigger, see a doctor and have it removed surgically.
Dr. Rene Perez
Cosmetic Surgery 12 years experience
Surgically: Each is different and managed different too. Have it examined by a physician proficient in removing both.
A 34-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
Leave them alone: Show them to your physician on your next routine visit. All men have sebaceous glands there; inclusion ("sebaceous") cysts are common enough. They are... Read More
A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology 47 years experience
Surgery: There is no way except for minor surgery to remove these lesions, .
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Berryman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 55 years experience
Vulvar cyst ?'s: Sebaceous cyst of any area will sometimes "rupture naturally", but if the cyst is causing pain, etc,. a local anesthetic injected and small incision w... Read More
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Surgery - Plastics 57 years experience
Minimal discomfort: Assuming 1]this is of the skin, 2]cometent surgeon] 3] reasonable patient: the procedure is commonly done under local anesthesia, as an out patient. T... Read More
A 25-year-old member asked:
Dr. Paul Harper
General Surgery 53 years experience
Almost none.: Most of these cysts can be done under local and present very little risk. There are certain problems some patients can have with local but it is rare.... Read More
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Emily Ridgway
22 years experience
Anti-fungal medication: You should see your doctor to verify that this is the source of the infection. Bacteria is a more common cause of super infection of a sebaceous cyst.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership