U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Dry skin on outer ear

A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Thomas Mcgowan
Specializes in Family Medicine
Possible eczema: Could be eczema, if normal moisturizer cream and lotion not helping, could try a bit of hydrocortisone cream, but if no change or recurs even after us... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 41 years experience
Could be eczema: atopic eczema can present as dry skin, that's one of the common presentations, try skin care tactics like cream soap and moisturizers right after bath... Read More
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Mahesh Allam
Internal Medicine 38 years experience
Seborrheic keratosis: Mild inflammation of skin. Apply cortisone cream with a Q tip three times a day to the affected area & follow up with your doctor.
A 48-year-old female asked:
Dr. Emily Altman
Dermatology 29 years experience
Rash behind ears: Most commonly weepy scaling dry rash behind ears is either eczema, seborrheic dermatitis or psoriasis. All three of these may respond to topical medi... Read More
A 24-year-old member asked:
Family Medicine 39 years experience
Maybe due to water: Getting wate or shampoo in the ear can cause irritation. The clogging could be due to water or moist wax. Yo may need to have the ear examined to ma... Read More
A 52-year-old female asked:
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Internal Medicine 39 years experience
Ear d/c dry skin: Follow up with ENT, they can clean out the ear and also take samples with appropriate equipment as may be fungal /bacterial infection, or eczema/pso... Read More
A 31-year-old male asked:
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology 20 years experience
Seb derm: Seborrheic dermatitis (seb derm) is a chronic intermittent rash typically affecting the face, ears, scalp, & trunk. This condition is believed to ... Read More
A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Family Medicine 61 years experience
Dry skin: Your son may have an infection or other condition that requires special treatment. Make an appointment to see your pediatrician concerning this probl... Read More
A 29-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gregory Hines
Family Medicine 25 years experience
Normal: That is what is known as milia. It is his skins reaction to the fact that for 9 months of being under water. It will have a tendency to come and go ... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership