Top answers from doctors based on your search:

does everyone with tonsils get tonsil stones

Dr. Ronald Ward
Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Tonsil stones: Tonsils have superficial cavities which fill up with epithelial debris, secretions and possibly small bits of food

Dr. Michele Richards
24 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Not typically: Tonsil stones form when mucus and food debris get stuck in crypts of tonsils, typically shouldn't occur if tonsils completely removed.
1
Dr. David Martin
28 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
3
Dr. Patrick Melder
27 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
7
Dr. Michael Nordstrom
38 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Tonsil stones: You won't. They should be gone. Have your ENT doctor evaluate you if you think you have persistent problems.
4
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
33 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
Yes.: If these stones are a recurring problem, you certainly can have the tonsils removed.
Dr. Kathy Robinson
3
Dr. Michael Jaindl
37 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Dr. Moji Ariyo
1
Dr. Bernstein Joel
60 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
1
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Automatic: Tonsil stones automatically dislodge themselves and are swollowed.
Dr. Thomas Costello
22 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
3