U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Coughing blood clots

A 36-year-old male asked:
Dr. Dan Fisher
Internal Medicine 28 years experience
See doc.: This amount of blood is significant and needs explanation with a cxr to start.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 28-year-old male asked:
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Family Medicine 33 years experience
Hemoptysis: is not normal to cough up blood. Reasons for hemoptysis include blood clot to the lungs pneumonia bronchitis bleeding problems. are you perhaps taking... Read More
A 36-year-old female asked:
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Tooth Extractions: Your symptoms are unrelated to your extractions. Please be seen for a post op follow up, the sooner the better.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Pain/bleeding: Symptoms are probably unrelated to your surgery, but that doesn't make them any less real. Contact your Oral Surgeon and report your post-surgical sta... Read More
A 17-year-old female asked:
Dr. Claude Parola
Internal Medicine 41 years experience
Coughing: Pneumonia, tuberculosis etc... Can present like that, go see a doctor as soon as possible.
A 62-year-old male asked:
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology 37 years experience
Emergency room: Please have a chest image, bronchoscopy and have an admission to the hospital. Please call your PCP and go to the Emergency room. You may have a mass... Read More
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Vitaliy Krol
Infectious Disease 20 years experience
Cough: There are several causes of chronic cough and it requires further evaluation by chest x-ray and chest auscultation. You need to see your doctor asap.
A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
Cough/clot: If you cough hard enough you might burst a small blood vessel , have a little bleeding, and then it stops. It does not mean that you are dying of cons... Read More
A 59-year-old female asked:
Dr. John McMahan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery 49 years experience
Aspergillosis: See a pulmonary and/or an allergy specialist... They can help you deal with your cough. Steroids of sometimes antifungals are used.
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. William Galli
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care 28 years experience
Could be infection.: Abpa is usually treate dwith steroids. When on long period of time the steroids may lower resistence to immune system. I would inform your primary lu... Read More
A 36-year-old male asked:
Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
For the diagnosis of blood clot, she only needs a leg duplex study which is an ultrasound, no radiation involved. However, if she feel fine I do not t... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership