Top answers from doctors based on your search:

can you use antifungal cream for a yeast infection

Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
28 years experience Pediatrics
See Below: Yes. I usually recommend lamisil (terbinafine).
1
25 years experience Psychiatry

Dr. Harold Fields
Yeast: try using Lotrimin (clotrimazole) or Lamisal in combination with a low dose hydrocortisone cream in equal parts
1
Dr. Jose Prieto-hernandez
36 years experience Infectious Disease
1
Dr. Yash Khanna
MonistatVaginal: You can try monistat available over the counter.Ask your pharmacist
Dr. Renee Harris
37 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
No: Anti fungal medications do not change the effectiveness of the birth control pill.
1
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
You can but..: You can continue the antifungal cream, but with the use of antibiotics for the kidney infection may have to repeat again the yeast medication.
Dr. Richard Valido
34 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
1
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Get checked: It may not be a yeast infection but another type of vulvar/vaginal issue. Have an gyn md check you out to see what the problem is for certain.
Dr. Tinuola Adeyanju
39 years experience Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
Dr. Michael Ein
48 years experience Infectious Disease
No and yes: Lotrimin (clotrimazole) is very safe. It is used for yeast and fungal infections of the skin.
1