Top answers from doctors based on your search:

can you take expired amoxicillin

A male asked:
Dr. Tanya Russo
25 years experience Pediatrics
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Roy Arnold
Not a good idea: It may be still effective but it might be subpotent. I suggest my patients follow expiration dates carefully. Thanks for trusting HealthTap!
1

Dr. Grace Akoh-Arrey
16 years experience Pharmacology
Dr. Francine Greco
Specializes in Emergency Medicine
You shouldn't.: The old Amoxicillin will not hurt you, but is probably too old to be as effective as it should be.
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Specializes in Pediatrics
Yes: If it is pills. Pills stay potent for awhile (6 months to several years) after their expiration dates. One that expired in january 2013 is still good.
Dr. Nasir Malik
Please don't give: I would advise to not give it because it has expired. It might cause adverse reaction. Expired meds can cause adverse reactions.
4
Dr. Hanford Brace
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
12
Dr. Kashif Abdullah
1
Dr. Holly Maes
36 years experience Pediatrics
2
Dr. Martin Raff
56 years experience Infectious Disease
Yes: This should be perfectly OK. The expiration date listed is about 6 mos early.
1
Dr. Qusai Bharmal
19 years experience Geriatric Psychiatry