U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Bug bites that spread to rashes

A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Itches or burns: What is the rash like? Does it itch or burn? If it developed after gardening 6 months ago, it may be from poison ivy. Make sure that all material ha... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. Sung Taylor
Family Medicine 23 years experience
Not sure: need more info such as fever, abscess formation red streaks coming form the lesions
Dr. Nayana Trivedi
Internal Medicine 39 years experience
may be not.: Allergic reaction can be treated with Benadryl (diphenhydramine) by mouth and Cream. Also apply Cortisone Cream to the area. These will help curb the ... Read More
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Luis Bendezu
Internal Medicine 29 years experience
NO: If you're referring to fibromyalgia the answer is no. Fibromyalgia is characterized by muscle aches and pains esp over certain "trigger points". As fa... Read More
A female asked:
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Needs examination: Possibilities are endless. Fungal infection? Dermatitis? Allergy? You need an examination by a doctor
A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. Lois Freisleben-Cook
Pediatrics 41 years experience
A photo: would help. Bug bites do not spread but scabies does. Have him examined please.
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Monica Michel
Family Medicine 12 years experience
Yes: Valtrex (valacyclovir) can commonly cause a rash as a side effect. Some rashes are more serious than others so I would suggest seeing your prescriber.... Read More
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 46 years experience
Cannot say: Rashes often require a direct exam for their character & distribution to begin the process of a proper label. Those localized to a single region a... Read More
A 37-year-old male asked:
Dr. William Forsythe
Emergency Medicine 27 years experience
Topical antibiotics: Pain, redness, sometimes itching, blisters and a rash especially along a rib, that does not cross the midline either in the front or back, is very con... Read More
A 41-year-old male asked:
Dr. Arthur Balin
Dermatology 47 years experience
Rash: See your dermatologist. This differential diagnosis occurs in a lot of rashes and clues have to be sought by looking carefully at the skin.
A 42-year-old member asked:
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 29 years experience
See your doctor: There are a variety of causes for your symptoms. A doctor needs to look at it and figure it out.