U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Blood clot recovery time

A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. Rodeen Rahbar
Surgery 20 years experience
Can be deadly: The size of the clot dictates how dangerous it is. Very very tiny emboli may not have much clinical consequence, unless it happens frequently. A large... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 68-year-old female asked:
Dr. Frederick Nahm
Neurology 27 years experience
Stroke: Prognosis depends upon the extent of brain damage so impossible to tell. Hang in there. Brain is complicated but more plasticity at a young age. Pro... Read More
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 44 years experience
Who decides?: My advance directive would preclude my continuing to receive care under these circumstances as i understand them. If you find yourself charged with ma... Read More
Dr. Ali Seifi
Critical Care 25 years experience
It Depends !: I need to see his head ct and know more about him. Generally speaking stroke in young adult , most likely is due to a precipitating cause such as hype... Read More
A 42-year-old member asked:
Dr. Marvin Den
Internal Medicine 45 years experience
Not wise to wait: If you have a clot it should be taken care of as soon as possible. Depending on where it is it can travel to the lungs or brain or other vital organs ... Read More
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ipe Kalathoor
Internal Medicine 17 years experience
Menstrual bleed: Could be normal. If recurring please see a gynecologist.
A 53-year-old male asked:
Dr. James Krick
Urology 36 years experience
Urologist: He should be evaluated by a urologist as soon as possible.
A 26-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
5 minutes: Clotting is the formation of a jelly like substance over the valves of the blood vessels.Resulting in stoppage of blood flow. Clotting is a natural de... Read More
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Stanley Lightfoot
undefined 58 years experience
See below: Following pregnancy the flow may be abnormal for 1-4 periods.
A 65-year-old male asked:
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Need cystoscopy: Need to return to your urologist. Blood in urine, especially at your age & after 2 years without blood, should be taken seriously. Urologist will ... Read More
A 23-year-old male asked:
Dr. Michael Thompson
Hematology and Oncology 20 years experience
Evaluate: 1) Get your vision evaluated, 2) Headaches - see your primary MD and/or a headache specialist, 3) blood clots -- where/when and associated with what t... Read More
A 47-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ricardo Estape
Gynecologic Oncology 30 years experience
Yes: Blood clots can occur anytime during a period, however, if it is not normal for you then it needs to be evaluated. At 47yo, many changes happen that c... Read More