U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Barometric pressure and ear pain

A 58-year-old female asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Yes: Especially if they are blocked up and pressure builds.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 31-year-old member asked:
Dr. Stuart Bradin
29 years experience
Maybe: Good, newer antinistamine, less sedating, may help with symptoms.
A 21-year-old male asked:
Dr. Tanya Russo
Pediatrics 26 years experience
Blocked tubes: The inflammation created by nasal allergies can cause changes in middle ear pressure, creating discomfort and temporary hearing loss.
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Needs evaluation: Puss from the ear can be either a canal or a middle ear infection. Treatment would differ depending on actual source of the pus. It could also reflect... Read More
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Philip Schwarzman
Emergency Medicine 45 years experience
Ear pain/pressure: See if an over the counter decongestant such as Sudafed or Afrin nasal spray works. Your eustachian tubes may be closed from congestion or inflammatio... Read More
A 27-year-old male asked:
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Internal Medicine 39 years experience
Ear pressure: May have fluid in ear from cold - antihistamines may help both ( i dont like sudafed-decongestants as they can cause heart issues and high blood press... Read More
A male asked:
Dr. Michael Pascolini
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 18 years experience
Effusion: Most likely you have an effusion in your right ear. Give it some time it should go away. You have some sort of eustachian tube dysfunction, whether ... Read More
A 37-year-old female asked:
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
More info needed: What type of work? Extraction? Root canal therapy? Deep fillings? OTC anti-inflammatory meds will help, but you should consult with the dentist who tr... Read More
A 29-year-old female asked:
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial 46 years experience
ENT doc: Hard to say without more information. If symptoms return, see ENT doc.