U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Any liver diseases cause blood clots

A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Internal Medicine 26 years experience
Portal vein thrombus: Cirrhosis (scarring of the liver with irreversible liver damage, from alcohol or viral hepatitis or fatty liver or other causes) increases the risk of... Read More
Dr. Michio Abe
Internal Medicine 27 years experience
Yes: Liver cancer can increase the risk of blood clot formation. Also, there is an entity called  budd-chiari syndrome, which is a condition caused by bloc... Read More
A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Lester Thompson
Pathology 34 years experience
Clotting factors: Most of the clotting factors are made or processed in the liver, and work together with proteins in the blood and with platelets. Therefore, if you ha... Read More
A 29-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 23 years experience
Heavy periods : The first step is to do a home pregnancy test to rule out miscarriage. It is common to have an off month from time to time. Heavy menstrual perods a... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engravanswered
Emergency Medicine 32 years experience
Those : Those are not problems that are known to be associated with essure coils, but your problems sound significant. There could be another issue going on, ... Read More
A 36-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Need to examine: It is not feasible to determine the cause of abdominal pain without examining you. You should see your doctor so that s/he may evaluate you. Since you... Read More
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Philip Chao
Radiology 39 years experience
Not sure: Where are the clots. Ask your doctor. Venous and arterial thrombosis are two completely differnen things. You can also have an infection with this.... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Possible: About 25% of early pregnancies are lost spontaneously, mostly due to chromosomal defects in the embryo. The usual manifestation is a slightly delayed ... Read More
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Internal Medicine 30 years experience
It is possible this is a result of the D and C procedure, combined with a heavy menstrual period. But, if your symptoms persist, or they are getting w... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Blood clots usually indicate heavy period. Sex 8 days earlier is probably unrelated. If excessive bleeding recurs, you should consult a gynecologist. ... Read More
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Go to hospital: What you described suggests ectopic pregnancy and you should go to the nearest hospital. Wish you good health!
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership